Banana Cake or പഴം കേക്ക് is a quick and easy cake that can be prepared easily. Whenever you have an extra ripe banana in your kitchen this is a lovely delicious recipe to make. I love baking cakes. This is one of the favorites at our house, especially at tea time. This is cake is moist, soft and fluffy. You can feel the texture and taste with every bite. Try this simple banana cake recipe and you will want to make and eat more. You can easily prepare this cake using a flat spatula instead of a beater. Enjoy baking this delicious banana cake. I have also included a step-by-step video instruction for this recipe.
Ripe Bananas mashed – 2 nos
Oil – 1/2 Cup
Fine Granulated Sugar – 3/4 Cup
Eggs – 2 Large
All purpose flour – 1 1/2 Cup
Baking Soda – 1/4 Tsp
Baking Powder – 1 1/2 Tbsp
Salt – Pinch
Milk – 3/4 Cup
Cardamom powdered – 5 cloves
Lemon juice – few drops (Optional)
- Preheat Oven to 350 deg F
- Grease and line a 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda together set aside
- Mash the bananas and mix in lemon juice
- In a large bowl, mix oil and sugar until you get a thick texture
- Beat in one egg at a time until well combined into the mixture
- Gradually fold in flour mix and milk alternatively until the whole mixture has a nice consistency
- Add in cardamom powder or vanilla essence and mix
- Add the mashed bananas and fold into the mixture slowly
- Pour the cake mix into the baking pan and give it a good tap to let out the air bubble and mixture to settle. Do not let the mixture sit outside longer than necessary. It must be placed in the oven to bake soon.
- Bake for 35 – 40 min at 350 deg F in the preheated oven. Insert toothpick at centre to see if it comes clean
- Let the cake pan cool for 10 minutes before removing cake from the pan
- Let the cake cool completely before putting icing.
- Enjoy eating your delicious Banana Cake.