Semolina or Rava Balls is one quick snack that can be made at anytime with common household ingredients. Its tasty, sweet and crunchy. It taste good whether it’s hot or at room temperature. These rava/semolina balls are a treat with hot evening tea.
Semolina/Rava – 1 cup
Eggs – 2 nos
Milk – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Salt – a pinch
Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
Oil – 3/4 cup or for deep fry
- Take a medium bowl and whip egg milk and sugar until sugar is dissolved
- Add cardamom powder, salt and stir
- Gradually add in rava while stirring with spoon
- Batter consistency must be very thick enough to make gooseberry sized balls.
- Add more rava if batter is thin and keep aside for about 20 to 30 minutes
- Heat the oil in a small pan over low-medium heat and fry the rava balls until slightly golden brown-turn the rava balls in between.
- Transfer rava balls to a plate lined with paper towel